Thursday, January 05, 2006

Simple Simon in Slumberland

I haven't had any dreams that I remembered in a long time. Usually they aren't straightforward, don't involve people in real life and entail surreal cinematic gestures. However, three nights now in succession I've had very blunt dreams grounded in my everyday world that started off nicely only to end up...as you can see...

Three nights ago, I had a dream that I was walking through downtown St. Petersburg. I was on my way to the movies when I saw the man who usually plays an instrument for money. I didn't have any to give and had to walk past. In the next moment I was handed a microphone, informed that I was now fired from my current job, no longer had a house and this was my new station in life. I woke up in a cold sweat.

Two nights ago, I had a dream that I was living back at my childhood home. I was running around half dressed in the top half of a suit and boxers ready to go out. I had spent the day defending myself after coming out to old friends but generally was enthralled to be preparing for my first date with a boy. A couple drove up to the house, followed me around for a while, told me to sit down and proceeded to inform me I was HIV+. I woke up with a stomach ache.

Last night, I had a dream that I was at my mom's apartment waking up next to a fellow blogger. (Since I don't dream about sex it was purely platonic...) I gave him a kiss on the cheek and we parted ways. In my hurry to leave, I didn't close the door to the house all the way. I had to take my mom to the hospital. When I returned her apartment had been robbed, not even a mess left but stripped of everything. And then went outside to realize the two men I had made way for were the fleeing culprits. I woke up with a heavy heart.

What the hell.

Peace,
Simon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hum... It seems you might need to buy a dictionary of dreams. If you happen to believe they have messages. I dreamt 3 times I had died and those dictionaries say when you dream you die, it means you'll get money soon... I still haven't seen a penny so... they might just be nightmares. Nightmares can point you to the fact you're sleeping to much rather than having sex... so... go out.
Or not. I might suck at understanding dreams.