Because of this Monkey no. 2 wasn't in school at all so we had to find a new place that would take both of them all day. We actually kind of like this one a little better, but I think it was damn lucky we found one that was taking kids this late in the year. They like it pretty well. New lunch boxes were purchased (Elder=Spiderman Younger=Bob the Builder) upon which I promptly drew pictures of each of them. Handy Tip: Always marry into a family who used to run a hardware store because they'll know how to take permanent marker off of a metal lunch box without stripping the paint if you make a mistake.
Last night, for a brief time, our little family was together just like old times. I picked the monkeys up from preschool and they accompanied me to the gym. We ate dinner together, had a splashfest in the bathtub, and requisite Wrestlemania session in the lving room. Monkey No. 1 requested a song tonight in bed and fell right to sleep. Meanwhile, Monkey No. 2 wiggled and jabbered on while trying to stand on his head under the pillows. Business as usual. I think Rufus should write me a lullaby to sing.
...And Because I am a Sheep...
We even watched American Idol together now that I'm stupidly obsessed with it for this season. If I can avoid the hook from the beginning of any said show I am safe. But this (she and I both do this) is like the time she started watching the second season of Survivor and then we had to finish it. I can safely avoid most of these situations but AI is like the ultimate smorgasbord for those celibate on TV culture and pop music. Or crack. I've never tried it but I'm sure the addiction is similar.
For those of you who dig on this kind of thing, and since we are down to the top ten, here's my overly-geek, condensed "Simon Says" list, in order of their current standing in my mind based on last nights performances. (Um, yeah the name is just a coincidence by the way although I agree with him most of the time):
- Nadia - You just rock. Most improved from last week and oozing with stage presence. I would love for you to win but I think your a little too eccentric for some fellow sheep.
- Carrie - Perhaps a little too perfect for my taste but when you sing, it's flawless. My predicted winner of the whole shebang.
- Vonzell - You continue to surprise me. Wasn't she the one who got on the wrong bus in LA?
- Nikko - I really wish I could distinguish R&B songs a bit more. You were indeed electric but I had to struggle to remember what you sang.
- Constantine - I can't put my finger on what it is I don't like. My wife said you kind of remind her of a child molester. (Unfortunately, I think I resemble you a bit in looks, voice, and song selection, so thanks for ruining any chance of my making it on the show :P.)
- Jessica - Good try girl. They're all rootin' for you down here in your hometown.
- Bo - I really like your style sir but I don't think you'll make it.
- Scott - Hmmmmmm, didn't you sing that last week?
- Anthony - I feel so bad for you, sir. You gave it a shot. Us nice guys gotta stick together.
- Anwar - Yikes. Sorry sir. I predict you or Anthony will be going.