Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's No Wonder I Don't Know What's For Dinner

While taking this quiz (via Hiding in the Backwaters), I needed a tie-breaker question to give me an answer:

Which is most true?

1. All that exists is matter and energy.
 
2. There is a spiritual side to being human.

I'm having the hardest time leaning towards one or the other, since I don't think they are mutually exclusive. Why can't these things be connected?

If I go with No.1 I get:

You scored as Materialist

Materialism stresses the essence of fundamental particles. Everything that exists is purely physical matter and there is no special force that holds life together. You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.

Materialist - 81%
Cultural Creative - 81%
Modernist - 63%
Postmodernist- 56%
Existentialist - 50%
Idealist - 31%
Romanticist - 25%<
Fundamentalist - 19%


What is Your World View?
created with QuizFarm.com


If I go with No. 2 I get:

You scored as Cultural Creative

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative - 81%
Materialist - 81%
Modernist - 63%
Postmodernist- 56%
Existentialist - 50%
Idealist - 31%
Romanticist - 25%<
Fundamentalist - 19%


What is Your World View?
created with QuizFarm.com

I ponder onward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tested as "Cultural Creative" which actually is very accurate.

bagelbuoy said...

it's a trick. each one is equally true and one is not exclusive of the other since they are not related. you can't remove the spiritual element from the human, but you can't have a human without the energy and matter of the universe. make sense?