Monday, January 31, 2005

Next stop, rock bottom

My high has come way down for some reason.

I've doing good for the last three weeks or so. Waking up around 5:30, getting to work on time before anyone else, about 7. But I woke up this morning and could not for the life of me muster the will or realize the importance of going to work today. Maybe it's the fact that a whole month has gone by already and I don't know what I did with it. Compounded with being a cold morning, and that I am so freakin' far behind on my projects at work that it's scary. I did make it to work eventually, but it was entirely too difficult. Someone needs to slap me in the face with a reality check. I've got this charade down so well right now that people just leave me alone when I am in my funk. Problem is I am the most unproductive, lazy slacker when I get like this, but nobody can see it. I've perfected the art of loathing in self-pity and looking like a busy bee. I'm such a bastard sometimes.

I can't seem to get out of my rut this morning and so it will probably be this way for the rest of the day. At least 'til I can get to the gym this afternoon.

Peace,
Simon

No comments: