Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Sum of Parts

I could go on about the horrendous behavior that besets our species on this day.

But I won't. You can find those words elsewhere. Because...

There seems to be an excess of people that don't need to hear about that. People with misconnected parts and missing pieces. People with their parts on inside out and backwards, trying to get with other peoples parts. Those with parts that are threadbare do fall apart easily. There is no instruction manual for reference.

I'd gladly give you my body or my mind if it pleased you, whichever you prefer, but I only have one of each to spare. And I don't know anything about souls or whether they exist. But my body and my mind tell me that if I see one that is lonely, then give what I am able.

Love cannot be an idle notion, but it runs the risk being an idol. It's something to do, not to worship. Love is to be consumed voraciously. When it's great it's really great.

Whether I have a soul or not, I am driven to hone that innate ability. Regardless of what I may think I do not place it in the framework of a day, but I will give the affections if I am able. Love can be automatic if you let it. And since you are there and I am here, this is all I can do.

For most of you, we've never spoken, we've never met, and yet if it weren't for you I'd still be futzing around in oblivion. So this is all I can humbly give you for now. I hope it fills you up at least a fraction.


click me


Love you guys.

Peace,
Simon

15 comments:

Tuna Girl said...

Oh, wow. I have no words, yet I completely understand what you are saying. And I love the idle/idol idea.

HUG!

cheapblueguitar said...

Beautifully stated and an amazing piece of art.

raven said...

That was incredibly beautiful. Perfect sentiments for the day.

Adam said...

Happy Valentines Day Simon. Thanks for the drawing and the eloquent post. I'm so glad I found your blog.

Hugs, Adam

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!

fullofhype said...

damn!

that was perfection.

thank you for that.

dpaste said...

xo

Anonymous said...

Beatiful illustration Simon.

Thanks,
ken

Flip said...

Love is a choice.

Happy V Day, Simon.

Michael said...

Beautiful. And brilliant. (Or is it "Brilliant. And beautiful."?)

Michael The Shadow said...

Happy Valentine's day Simon. Everyone needs to at least hear that or be told that. You're an amazing guy who's site I am very glad I stumbled on.

Another amazing picture, just like the guy that drew it. :)

Peace

Anonymous said...

We love you, too, Simon. For all of the love you have and continue to share.

Larry said...

My threadbare parts thank your threadbare parts for this entry :)

Kiwi said...

Thank you for continuing to write such lovely words.

It's weird sometimes, because I get to hear about you from your sistah, and then I can read your words here. I wish I did know you, though.

Jase said...

:)