Wednesday, January 02, 2008

What Day Is It? (Can You Please Tell Me)

The cold air swirling around suddenly took a gusty nose dive last evening and hasn't stopped yet.

Back to the grind, since yesterday's Tuesday felt like the new Sunday, today's Wednesday was totally the new Monday. Which means hopefully by next Saturday I'll be completely off and it'll actually be mid-July sometime. Maybe by next July I'll have the inventory straightened out at work.

It took concerted effort to write out the date correctly all day. Luckily, I learned you can split 12 into 1/2 and I can disguise an 07 as 08 with some cursive-ness, but tomorrow I must get with it or I shall be screwed.

I found a new site (thanks to eavesdropping on justinfeed and thisboyelroy) called Gyminee. I'm not sure what I expect out of working out these days, so I am hoping this will give me a little focus. Suffice to say it is a schizophrenic beast to tame and I can use all the help I can get. If anyone wants to come down here and stand on my head while I do pushups, please be my guest.

Mom seems to be fairing okay today, regardless of what she may say. She does go from complete logic to tears in an instant, but it's not out of control. No change in grandpa, but she spent the day discussing arrangements for a memorial.

Luckily for her, I am an endless source of amusement in all of my constant scatterbrained mess that I gravitate towards. I'm kind of like a malfunctioning katamari ball. My brand of clean is where the socks never match but at least they are in the same drawer. If they make it to the drawer. My room is a perfectly organized version of disorderly stacks, that occasionally fall over when they get too high or whenever someone tries to get out of bed, whichever comes first.

In fact I may need to put some more socks on right now. Meanwhile, I am on day three of onion soup because it now really is soup weather. I can only imagine if it's actually cold here what it's like for the rest of the country. Stay warm, darlings.

1 comment:

dpaste said...

Well, it was cold for us too, when you wrote this, but now it is quite mild.